Category C assistance now available.
Primary producers that suffered direct damage from Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie and associated rainfall and flooding can access grants from QRAA.
What assistance is available?
An Exceptional Circumstances Grant up to a maximum of $25,000 is available to assist eligible primary producers as follows:
- Initial grant amounts to assist you with cleaning and reinstatement costs – up to a total of $5,000; and
- Subsequent grant amounts to assist you with additional cleaning and reinstatement costs – up to a total of $20,000
How can the assistance help you?
The assistance enables you to pay for costs associated with cleaning and reinstatement activities.
Examples of eligible activities:
- purchasing, hiring or leasing equipment or materials to; clean premises, property or equipment or to immediately resume farming activities
- removing and disposing of debris, damaged goods, materials including injured or dead livestock
- repairing or replacing fencing on the property
- purchasing fodder or salvaging crops or feed for stock
- repairing or reconditioning essential plant or equipment
- maintaining the health of livestock or poultry
- paying additional wages to an employee to assist with clean-up work
Grant application – HERE
Eligible Local Government Areas:
Interactive eligibility map available HERE
The areas activated for Category C are:
- Whitsunday Regional Council. Map HERE
- Mackay Regional Council. Map HERE
- Scenic Rim Regional Council. Map HERE
- Logan City Council. Map HERE
- Part of Isaac Regional Council: Activation is limited to the portion of Isaac Regional Council that is:– east of the Fitzroy Development Road to the Peak Downs Highway, and north and east of a boundary consisting of the Peak Downs Highway, the Suttor Development Road; and the Collinsville Elphinstone Road. Map HERE
- Part of Livingstone Regional Council: Activation is limited to the portion of Livingstone Shire Council that is: – is to the north and west of the Apis Creek Road, the Marlborough Road, Glenprairie Road and west of the North Coast Rail Line. Map HERE
- Part of Central Highlands Regional Council: Activation is limited to the portion that is east of the Fitzroy Developmental Road and north of the Capricorn Highway. Map HERE
- Part of Woorabinda Aboriginal Shire Council: Activation is limited to the portion of Woorabinda Aboriginal Shire Council that is: – north of the Capricorn Highway. Map HERE
- Part Lockyer Valley Regional Council: Activation is limited to the southern section linking to Scenic Rim Regional Council, this incorporates areas south of the Gatton – Clifton road, the Gatton – Helidon road, the Gatton – Laidley road, and the Rosewood – Laidley road (buffer zone). Map HERE
- Part of Gold Coast City Council: Activation is limited to the portion of Gold Coast City Council that is: – within or adjacent to the Albert River Catchment These are analogous to the SA2 ABS regions of Jacobs Well – Alberton, Ormeau – Yatala, Kingsholme – Upper Coomera, Pimpama – Coomera, Pimpama – Coomera, Oxenford – Maudsland, and Nerang and that parts of Guanaba – Springbrook north from the shire boundary along the SA1 boundary and then east, bordering along the Lower Beechmont Conservation Area. Map HERE
For further information contact QRAA on 1800 623 946 or use the postcode search on the home page to connect with your local QRAA manager.